Archive | Community RSS feed for this archive

Sownseeds Shares Mission

TO SOW: (verb) to scatter or plant for growing; to spread or scatter

SEED: (noun) the part of a flowering plant that will develop into a new plant if sown; the source, origin or beginning of anything

Advertisements
Continue Reading

A Chance For Service

“I slept and I dreamed that life is all joy. I woke and I saw that life is all service. I served and I saw that service is joy.”  Kahlil Gibran A Second Chance Resale Shop has opened in San Felipe, BC, MX. It is staffed by all volunteers. Its inventory is all donations. Its […]

Continue Reading

Why Do We Volunteer? An Interview With The Smiths

Why Do We Volunteer? The answer to this question is what you would expect from Terry and Teresa Smith. It makes total sense. Their cool reasonable approach is what has sustained the Smiths from their humble beginnings to their now active retirement.  Teresa Smith is the President of The Rotary Club of San Felipe […]

Continue Reading

What Does Service Mean To Me? by Donna Roberts

“I was asked what service means to me. I had never thought about it before. Service has always been a part of life. I have been on both sides of service—getting help and offering it.”

Continue Reading

Philanthropy: The Love Of Humanity

Philanthropy in ancient Greek means “the love of humanity”. It had a humanistic origin. Over the ages, the examination has become muddled in social science and economy.

Continue Reading

Leadership and Commitment in Education

“I believe every child deserves the best. This is what we are working for.” Hilario Campista, Co-Founder San Felipe, BC, MX is a small fishing village by the sea of Cortez.  Its population is small but its commitment to improve the quality of life for its inhabitants, especially its children, is great.  The San Felipe […]

Continue Reading